Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tex Mex Sundaes - not so great




I tried this recipe a week ago when we had friends visiting from California but I forgot to blog about it.












The tortillas weren't super cruncy. The chocolate sauce I bought was clumpy. I didn't even try the ice cream but I think it turned out ok. I gave it to my friend - and she enjoyed it.




The ice cream took more work than I'm used to - I have a yummy easy vanilla ice cream recipe. It was my first time to make something other than vanilla in my ice cream maker. Do you have one? Yum - ask for one for your birthday! They aren't that expensive and they are so much fun and so easy.


4 comments:

Pam said...

I am so coveting your ice cream maker! Is yours the 2 quart size? I keep seeing the smaller one but I worry that it won't make a big enough batch for my family.

Karen said...

1 1/2 quarts. It is borderline on big enough for my family.

Carrie and Karl said...

I love my ice cream maker like that. My favorite recipe is to mix up chocolate pudding and then put it in the ice cream maker. It makes a REALLY rich fudge ice cream.

Jackijo said...

That is a great ice cream maker. I have one also and love it. Made a raspberry sorbet in it once that was great.