Sunday, March 21, 2010




Janice's Lemon Pie

I sent a box of citrus love to my boss' parents in Wisconsin a few weeks ago. Janice sent me an email saying that she had made a lemon pie with the lemons. I asked for the recipe and finally got the courage to make it. I don't think it quite turned out.....


Lemon Pie

3 Tbs. cornstarch 3 egg yolks
1 ½ cup sugar 1 ½ cup boiling water
Juice and grated rind of 1 ½ lemons

Combine cornstarch and sugar. Add grated rind and juice. Add the beaten yolks and 1 ½ cups boiling water, slowly. Then cook on medium heat until thick. Pour into baked crust . Cover with meringue.



Never Fail Meringue

Combine 2 Tbs. sugar and 1 Tbs cornstarch in small saucepan. Add ½ cup water, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thick and clear. Cool. Beat 3 egg whites with 1/8 tsp salt and ½ tsp vanilla until soft mounds form. Add 6 Tbs sugar gradually, beating well after each addition. Add cornstarch mixture, continue beating until meringue stands in still beaks. Top pie and bake 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees (until it is golden brown.

I like this meringue because it get so nice and fluffy.

No comments: