Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New favorite chicken dish for the crockpot. We made this for dinner tonight. The house smelled fabulous. It was super easy. Everyone loved it. My potatoes weren't quite done but the kids ate them anyway. I should have made my chunks smaller. Also, I got this from a new Facebook group I joined and followed the reviews that said not to bother browning the chicken first. I just put my frozen breasts right into the crock pot and the meat was so tender by the time it was done cooking - perfect!

Quick and Easy Italian Chicken and Potatoes

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
4-6 medium potatoes/peeled and cut into wedges,or thick slices.


brown chicken in olive oil,salt and fresh pepper on this.
Place in your crockpot.
sprinkle with half of the Italian dressing,spices,and grated cheese.
Place the potatoes on top and around chicken.
Sprinkle with remaining dressing ,spices,and cheese.
Cook on LOW for about 6-8 hours,or until chicken is done and the potatoes are tender.
So easy,a lot of flavor.


No comments: