Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made these tonight for a sweet girl of a dear friend. She was looking for chocolate the other night while Bret and I were chit chatting with her parents. She ended up going to McDonald's for a chocolate shake. I told her that I would make her some cookies.

I have signed up for two different Christmas cookie email newsletters that come daily. It is hard to keep up. I had two I wanted to make today - so I had to pick one.

This one isn't cheap to make. And it probably only made 2 dozen. But they were yummy. Rave Reviews. And they were easy. The expensive part was the creme de menthe baking chips and the semisweet baking chips (although for one batch you only needed 1/2 of each bag). I also realized I didn't have mint extract so that was purchased (by a run thankfully made by Jasmine and Alex). I barely had enough green flavoring. I had to cut the little plastic bottle in half to get enough drops in the bowl, but I made it work.

These are a definitely do-over but I will keep the recipe in my Christmas collection.

No comments: