Thursday, January 27, 2011


I was so excited....
I got asked to make dinner for a family in our ward. I love when I have a reason to cook. (besides my own family).
I was going to make this.....
Creamy Pesto Chicken Casserole
http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/creamy-pesto-chicken-casserole/ead128b0-ab01-4ab3-9cad-d3e39896cd7f/

I needed to make a special trip to the store as I had this on my meal list for tonight but only enough for my family. I went to the store with a list (but had several calls at the store which distracted me) and left without the PESTO!

So I googled quickly and found this:
Chicken Alfredo Casserole
http://busycooks.about.com/od/precookedpoultryrecipes/r/chickenalfredo.htm

Jasmine and Alex both gave it a 10.
There wasn't enough for Bret by the time he got home. With casseroles there is so much risk involved with my family, that I have a smaller dish (about 1/2 of a 9X12). I used this in addition to a 9X12.
Since the dish was a winner, I'll have to make a full 9X12 the next time.

I also made my new favorite basil infused breadsticks.

I'd still like to try the Pesto dish. I'll have to remember to keep it on my list.

As a side note, I bought some basil, cherry and grape tomato seeds to plant. My basil and tomato plants are officially sad - time for a refresh.

No comments: